Posted: Thursday, January 18, 2018 8:01 PM
Number of Openings:
Up to 25
Under close supervision, as an apprentice in training, must be able to perform the less difficult tasks and assist others in high and low voltage line work involved in the construction and maintenance of electric transmission and distribution conductors, structures, underground systems, and related equipment, and be qualified to do the following and related work as assigned:
1. Dig holes, set anchors and assist in setting poles and stubs.
2. Perform miscellaneous cleaning, scraping, painting, rough carpenter work, cut grass, clear right:of:way, etc.
3. Excavate for foundations, install forms, mix concrete and assist in completing foundations and fences.
4. Load, unload and handle poles, wire, tools, materials, supplies, tackle, etc. and assist in handling material to and from stock.
5. Care for and prepare hand lines, block lines, etc.
6. Tend winch line when in operation.
7. Assist linemen, mechanics or others and tend lines necessary for raising tools and material.
8. Assist in assembling guys, crossarms, and other equipment on ground, and in pulling wire and guys.
9. Assist in the erection of steel, wood or other structures.
10. Assist in dismantling equipment removed from lines, substations, etc.
11. Handle and work from ladders.
12. Operate Company trucks and automobiles.
1. Use pole climbing equipment and have ability to handle self on pole in safe and efficient manner.
2. Handle poles, install poles, and assist in the erection of steel, wood and other structures, including foundations.
3. Make up and install guys and install secondaries.
4. Connect services on energized conductors up to 600 volts.
5. Install secondary racks and clevis, anchors, miscellaneous hardware, grounds, fittings for vertical type construction, buss supports, and conductors on dead circuits.
6. Perform simple transmission and distribution switching (qualified lineman assistance).
7. Tie knots and splice rope.
8. Assist in trimming trees.
9. Assist qualified lineman or mechanic in simple routine inspection and maintenance.
10. Assist in the installation of all types of conduit systems.
11. Assist in the handling, moving and installation of all transmission, distribution and plant equipment, machinery, etc.
12. Prepare reports and records.
13. Read and understand job drawings and maps and assist with Job Hazard Assessment.
14. Operate Companys equipment.
15. Become familiar with new technology such as computers and tablets required to perform work.
EXPERIENCE AND SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Lineman certification or equivalent education or experience preferred. Must meet all qualifications within six months after employment.
2. Within six months after employment, know Companys safety rules and complete OSHA mandated training including bucket rescue.
3. Know the location of, and be able to operate, all of the firefighting equipment. Know what kind of equipment to use on electrical, oil and other fires, within thirty days after employment.
4. Obtain/Maintain a valid Class A Commercial Drivers License
An Apprentice Lineman during the first three months in classification shall not work on circuits or equipment energized at more than
• Location: Baton Rouge
• Post ID: 33234227 batonrouge