Posted: Monday, December 25, 2017 3:35 AM
2205 S Railroad Ave
The AssistantManagers position is responsible for leading, directing, and coordinating activities to obtain optimum efficiency and profitability of Speedco store operations.
This position is responsible for the technical and organizational development of the teammates, recruitment, and maintenance of staffing levels, operations and processes necessary to achieve financial environmental, quality and safety targets.
This role will maximize the stores productivity, speed, and quality of service to meet company and customer expectations, while maintaining consistency with Speedco processes and consistency to Speedco service offerings. The AssistantManager willlead, develop and supervise 12 to 25 employees.
- Manage and lead overall store operations
- Promote a safe work environment
- Lead Speedco store operations to ensure Speedco processes and system requirements are achieved per internal and external standards
- Interview and hire potential employees
- Complete regular scheduled employee evaluations
- Lead and promote teammate training programs
- Responsible for profit and loss
- Lead and mentor teammates to drive company strategies; and adherence to processes and protocols
- Build and maintain a strong management team
- Build the Speedco culture at store level and inspire Speedco teammates
- Prepare weekly shift schedules along with daily shift assignments and activities
- Daily accounting functions
- Champion Speedcos initiatives
- Inspect store cleanliness and maintain to Speedco standards
- Manage inventory controls and ordering of product
- Maintain store equipment and tools to Speedco standards
- Address and manage daily operational activities
- Time clock management
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory agencies
- Manage our quality improvement processes
- Track, maintain and improve customer service
- Complete any other assigned tasks delegated by corporate and Regional Management.
- Ability to lead by example and make decisions based on strong analytical insight
- This position requires a High School education or equivalent, BS degree helpful
- 2+ years of retail management experience along with a proven track record of positions with increasing responsibility
- Experience with class 6, 7 and 8 semi:truck mechanics and/or lubrications helpful
- Strong analytical, problem:solving, and communication skills
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Word/ Excel/ PowerPoint
- Excellent people relations skills
- Ability to build trust and respect to promote store successes
Job Function(s): Oil and Lube Services
Established in 1991, Speedco is a leading provider of on:highway lubrication and preventative maintenance services for the trucking industry. Speedco provides fast, efficient and convenient service to commercial truck owner:operators and fleets. Speedcos trained and dedicated teams strive to satisfy their customers with integrity, efficiency and quality service that is the best in the industry.
Speedco has a national network of 52 on:highway locations across the nation. Speedco is owned and operated by Loves Travel Stops and Country Stores.
• Location: Baton Rouge, hammond
• Post ID: 32401037 batonrouge